Friday, February 6, 2009

Life in Hawaii

A poster I found downtown

Aloha friends and family,
Well I am alive and have been settling in for about 3 weeks now. For those of you who do not know, I live with Sumo & Diane Sato and i have my very own semi private room. Its the game room, and i share it with the dog. But still grateful for a place to stay!

For the past few weeks I have been just hanging out and trying to figure things out. I've been doing a lot of walking around since I don't drive. I actually needed to get out of the house one day that I walked around for 3 hours and as soon as I got home it poured down rain! But when Sumo goes to work I go with him. The Church is about 5 minutes away and the beach is about 15 minutes away(driving, not walking). And today I just got a job at the church HCWO:Hope Chapel West Oahu (located in Waikekee, Hawaii) as a facilities. Thanks Jim for the practice. The church is moving into a bigger location so they will need help with all kinds of things.



Since I've been here, I've seen a lot of very different things. For starters, the children's pastor Brian has some rather unusual pets...7 ducks!! And 2 dogs that they have to keep chained up (oh, so sad!) so that they don't chase and eat the ducks! I also met some high school guys and went to North Shore to do some witnessing, worship and asking people if they would like some prayer. It was awesome! And that night we ran into the most amazing thing ever! ELMO! Elmo was chilling downtown begging for money! It was soo cool! haha.


The college group here meets on thursday nights and is called Thirst. I've met a couple of people. Church services are saturday at 6pm and sundays 7:15, 9:00, 10:15 and 11:45 we get there at 6 am and don't leave till 3! It's a loooong day! I have begun to work with the 5th and 6th graders and this week I get to teach! Yay! The kids here are different. I miss my 56th streeters!

I finally got to got to the beach yesterday! It was soo beautiful! Crystal clear waters and sooo sunny! I went with Sumo, Brian and Randy (all Pastors). It's funny cause all the pastors here make up their own hours, so we went to the beach! While there, Brian and I were the only ones who caught a fish. But my fish swallowed the hook and so we had to throw it back and it was hurt and I'm pretty sure it got eaten by now! :( soo sad! But while at the beach i got a killer sunburn and I now look like Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob!
Life here at Hawaii is awesome! But I miss everyone soo much and pray for you everyday! Please feel free to email me, text me or just leave a comment.
I am waiting for my good bye present to get here and then I can share my pictures with you!
Aloha! Ricky!

No comments:

Post a Comment